Friday, November 20, 2009

A Plan Interrupted... Hit by the Flu!

After last week's show at Lakewood Elementary, I hit the art room, rolled up my sleeves, and prepared to crank out more goods!  I was scheduled to be in the gift show at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church this weekend.  This is the first time I've had shows on weekends back to back.  I've been a "maker of stuff" my entire life, but I'm still new to the business of selling my wares.  It seems I will always be trying to figure it out!

My adorable daughter is in 1/2 day kindergarten, and she is my main "employer".  :)  She pays me daily with hugs, 100 "I love yous", and eyes so bright they light me up inside.  I am so lucky to be her mother.  And I am also hopping, as I try to keep up with her ever-busy, ever-chatting self, as well as find time to work on my art! 

So, this week started well.  I was plugging along, in the groove, making new collages, ornaments, necklaces, assemblage pieces.  Then it hit.  It started with aches and fever.  Next came my little girl telling me she is tired, words we NEVER hear from her mouth.  We have the flu.  I had to withdraw from the show.  My plans came to a hault, time to regroup, time to get the family well.  Luckily my sweet husband is not down yet, fingers crossed.

I apologize to those of you who were planning to stop by the Lovers Lane show.  A few mentioned plans to pick up a gift or two for folks on your holiday lists.  I will happily send pictures of anything I've got or that you have in mind, or I can custom create something for you as well.  You can also find me at the Silverleaf Arts and Crafts Festival in Denton, December 4 and 5.  More details to follow on this show soon.

Here's hoping that you and yours are staying well these days.  My daughter, who has always been healthy as a horse, has been sick 3 times since starting school this fall.  Ugh.  Today was a better day for us both, so hopefully we are on the mend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment