Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Winner!

Just drew the lucky name for my first-ever blog gveaway!  And the winner is... (drumroll, please) Liz-Anna's on the Lake!!  Liz is my new artist friend I met through the Melange Team on Etsy, and she makes incredible mixed media pieces.  To check out her artwok and blog, visit her here.  You can find the Melange Team shop on Etsy here.  Thanks so much to everyone who entered the drawing.  I will be having another one soon, so stay tuned!

This beautiful furry girl is Bagel, a white German Sheperd mix who is sweet beyond words.  She was running in the neighborhood when my friend's 16 year old son coaxed her into their yard.  Two hours later, she had a litter of puppies, OH MY.  Her babies were adopted by wonderful families, and Bagel came to be a part of mine.  True to her GSD heritage, she is bright, loyal, loving, cautious, and protective.  She also loves balls and stuffed toys.  Here she is trying to nap on the sofa, her favorite spot in the house, next to being in our one of our laps.  My daughter stuck a Bendaroo heart on her head, just to help her look ever so fancy.   

I hope you have all had a warm and toasty day.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, I found your blog via the Paper Cowgirl site...Your work is lovely and you would LOVE the Paper Cowgirl Retreat. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Laurie! I can't wait to receive my prize. It was fun visiting as many blogs as I could but I sure got side-tracked a lot.

    ReplyDelete